My personal experience about layering
People often think that I have a lot of clothes, but that's not true at all. I just love to wear my clothes in many different ways and I'll tell you what the advantages are.
I like layering for many different reasons. I'm someone who gets cold very quickly, but also warm very quickly. For me layering is a way to be dressed for any weather/occasion. It allows you to wear clothes in many different ways and gives you a rich look. You can give your outfit a totally new look by layering a different combination. It allows for more creativity and a little eccentricity.
My challenge for you: take some time to create different looks with the clothes you already have in your closet. You can use Pinterest or Instagram for inspiration – but remember, don't copy, create. This will help you rediscover existing pieces, find out which ones you really love and which items you might be missing to complete your looks.
- Think of your basic investment pieces as ways to build up your look
- Stick to the same color family
- Mix various materials for a rich look
- Use different cuts, shapes and lengths, this diversity is what makes your layered look exciting
- Think of your shape: Layering should not diminish the body's natural shape. It shouldn't look like you are walking around in a sack
Shop our basic essentials here.